Affiliate & Performance Marketing News Overview

Chrome Version 80

From February 04, 2020, a new Chrome update will be implemented with Chrome version 80, which has a direct influence on the processing of cookies within the browser.

What it is about: In order for third-party tracking cookies to continue to work in the latest Chrome version, they must contain the attribute SameSite=None; Secure in the future.

It is therefore important that the SameSite parameter within the cookie is set to none and that the property is defined with secure, which limits its use to https.

In order to ensure that the third party cookies are not blocked by this version and that we can guarantee continuous failure-resistant tracking, we have updated the cookies on our new belboon platform dynamically with the necessary attributes depending on the browser version.

In addition, we have already implemented the integration, on both the advertiser and publisher side, completely on https. This means that 99% of our traffic is already processed via https. In order to be able to track the remaining 1% in our network, our system already checks dynamically the https protocol and provides the corresponding links as https version.

You can be sure that we will be able to continue to provide you with secure tracking in the future.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager.